About Niche Development
We specialise in assisting clients who work in challenging situations, who need to remain effective, calm and safe when their emotions are being triggered.
We approach this in three different ways:
- The Gist – one day courses for front-line staff that uncovers triggers and effective responses
- The System – two day courses for managers that covers the gist and defines the systems and processes to support change
- Re-invest – three day courses to train internal trainers to deliver the gist & the system course materials
Our experience of training staff in psychiatric hospitals, specialist schools, labour wards and security means that we understand the pressures and know how important it is to get it right, first time.
Niche Development are based in High Wycombe, near London and have over 10 years experience in training design and delivery across the UK.
The founder, Rachel Knowles is a qualified Coach, Master Practitioner and Certified Trainer in Neuro-Linguistic Programming. She specialises in behavioural training for staff working in challenging situations and environments.
Inset Day Teacher Training
Who acesses our services?
- Care Homes
- Special Education Units
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- Secure Units
- Youth Offending Institutes
- Maternity Wards
What do people say about our training?
“Rachel’s ability to understand complex business issues and provide learning interventions that meet our business needs has not only been motivational to our workforce, but of high value to the business in moving forward to meet our aims and purpose” Janet Cowie. HR L&D Manager, Priory Group
“Well paced, informative, interesting and a good use of real life examples. This ranks with some of the best training I’ve ever received. Thank you” R.L.
“The trainer provided a well organised and fully effective training course whilst allowing us to enjoy, have fun and be ourselves throughout” ER
How will you know it's been effective?
Niche Development guarantee return on investment by making sure the training providing is meeting the root cause of the organisational issue. This is done by:
- Tailoring the courses to meet the specific organisational or departmental need
- Taking quantitative and qualitative measures before and after delivery
- Allowing time during courses for staff needs & objectives to be met
- Following up on how changes have been implemented